Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy birthday to the oldest of the Lange Gang!

It is my oldest brother Mikes birthday.
Let me first describe the pictures; the first is of Mike in his rock band stage(he is the singer in the background) He was blessed with every talent imaginable; singing, playing the piano, sax, trumpet, writing music, artistic and much much more. My brother Mike and Bret had so many trophies, sometimes taking 1st 2nd and 3rd in the same competition.
In this picture you can sort of see his hair.... I remember my brother begging my mom to give him a perm, they were the "in" for boys that age. Anyway that is how I remember him in his high school days.
The second picture is him as a referee at a powder puff game. He looks official doesn't' he, especially with his short shorts!!
I am thankful for my brother Mike. I am sure being the oldest of 7 kids must have been difficult. But he set a great example and is still setting the example in raising a wonderful family.
The fondest memory I have of my brother was just this past year. I watched as my brother came to my dieing mom's bedside. Right away he kissed her forehead and cheek and knelt down beside her. He held her hand, smoothed the hair off her forehead and even wiped the blood from her nose. I was a mess, but my brother just knelt beside her to pray. I will never forget how strong he looked as he told my mom that it was ok to go. I know some may think that is a weird favorite memory, but it touched my heart forever. Thank you for being my big brother, I love you Mike!!!

5 comments:

michaelangelo said...

Thanks, Jill. That isn't my favorite memory (neither are the pictures!), but it is a lasting one. I'll save my favorite memories for two or three weeks from now... :) Love you!

Hayley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hayley said...

What's two to three weeks from now? Jill, this story made me cry. What a nice tribute to your brother.

HJ said...

What a sweet sis you are!!!!

michaelangelo said...

March 7, 2009 - Happy 34th Birthday, Little Sister! We love you!