Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Here if you need me...what do I need?

The other day I found myself in a situation not equipped with the tools I needed. I was alone, scared and didn't know what to do. So I just stood there, waiting I guess for the situation to fix it's self. It didn't, but sometime during this overwhelming situation, I looked up to see a book. Out of thousands of books, this book caught my eye and, for the moment, saved me. It's Here if you need me. It's not a mind boggling book, or a life changer. But in it and through it I have found many treasures.

So many people have asked how they can help. I always have the same reply....I don't know? I wish I knew how to help myself. But this book, in it's silly ways, has helped me know how to help others and how they can help me. Just be there. Sounds easy, but a shoulder to cry on or a hand to hold can mean the world of difference.
In my book the author was asked after her husband had died if she believed in God, and if she did how could she after He took her kids dad and her husband. While thinking on that question, she remembers hours after her husbands passing her elderly neighbor whom she rarely saw, showed up with warm brownies and tears in her eyes and said, "I just heard and didn't know what else to do. I'm here if you need me." and left. The author said she saw then and there the works of God and felt Gods love. So I am not saying I need brownies I am just saying be like Him.



That's how I need you!