Friday, July 9, 2010

Where is heaven? psst I know!!!

Pictures of heaven on earth!!















When I was growing up my older brothers sang; Where is heaven, by Janice Kapp Perry. I was always left troubled, I didn't know how far it was to heaven or where it really was. No one sat down and explained it to me. So on Memorial day when we were visiting graves and Samuel asked me where heaven was, I was ready.

Earlier in the year I watched a special on tv about what leaders of different faiths thought about heaven. I remember writing down some of their answers in hope of finding my own.

Rev. Calvin Butts said "You don't necessarily have to look up but you can look out and see heaven." I liked that answer!
Pastor Ted Haggard said " I think life is a sort of weigh station on the way to our eternal home. Our purpose of life is to glorify God and go to heaven...cause' heaven is our home."
The Dalai Lama said "as a buddist I don't think necessarily heaven and hell happen in some other life. I think it's right now."
I went to the temple and found the true answer. I believe it is all around us. We are blessed with family not only here on earth but in the heavens watch over us and protect us. I know they are just a prayer away. We might not always see them, but they are there. My answer to Samuel was to point out the beauty all around us. To help him feel the heavenly love. We came home and I showed him pictures of our family and told him stories, I held him close and as we sat on the couch 4 little birds came to our tree outside our front window. He looks up, "mom look, grandma sent them." He smiled then ran off to play. But I went to the window and all but one bird flew off. We just looked at each other, but before flying off I said a quick prayer of thanks for letting us see a bit of heaven!

On the 12th it will be 2 years since my mom passed. I miss her dearly but I know she lives and is busy in heaven and watches over us. I love you forever mom



Dad and Debbie





6 comments:

Widdison said...

Oh Jill, I love that! I was all teary-eyed reading that! Thank you for those sweet words. Love you!!

Me said...

A beautiful post as usual. And I love that first picture of Bella!!!

Melissa said...

Those pictures are so sweet and this post is amazing! Love you!

Hayley said...

After reading this, I can't help but reflect on my bits of heaven in life. Thank you so much for sharing your heart and tender perspective. I CHERISH your words, Jill. Love ya

Kelly said...

Cute lake pictures. Looks like you guys had fun!

Elizabeth said...

What adorable pictures!! Thank you for all your wonderful posts.