Sunday, June 14, 2009

Bear Lake Luau!!

The Bear Lake monster tractor!!
Raise your hand if your excited to go to Bear Lake (really they were happy)
Playing chicken with the cousins to see who can go the furthest!
And to top it off the Big Momma in her mu mu driving to our family luau! I chose to drive to help prevent motion sickness (sorry Mitchial in the backseat). It was funny as we were driving through Logan Canyon we were stuck following a big semi, every sharp turn you would hear Timothy yelling from the back...."hold on we are going to tip over!!" Every turn I heard him telling me to slow down because we were tipping. From his view it did look like the truck was going over.
I have always hating driving over bridges and in canyons. I believe I have passed the fear on. :}
Through the years I have found that if I am the one driving it isn't' so bad, I did have to laugh when Guy finally told me to slow down because hearing the squealing of tires going around turn isn't comforting. I reassured him it happens when he drives too.
We loved getting together with my sister and her family and 2 of my brothers and their families.
The food was awesome: pulled sweet pork, terriyaki chicken, rice, coconut rolls, macaroni salad, lava cake, ice cream ect.... What a wonderful luau. It rained just as dinner was being served, but it rains in Hawaii too, right?
Thanks family for the get together even if we came home with 3 frogs and a ton of shells (found in the bottom of my washer:0

3 comments:

Widdison said...

I don't know what you are talking about, that is a CUTE picture of you! I thought I was the only one in the world who had a mu mu. My Grandma used to make us one every few years or so. Looks like you guys had a good time! I want to go to Bear Lake, I've only been once. It is so pretty there!

CoLa said...

It was a lot of fun! Whooping you at volleyball and sharing my wisdom in scattergories was the best. I'm so glad you guys came.

Liz and I went to the lake again this past weekend and found 3 frogs under a mattress upstairs. I'm sure it had nothing to do with your boys right?

Jeff, Wendy, and Austin said...

Too funny. I know the frogs weren't ours since we just let 4 go at Wheeler. Hmm must be CC or Kayli. Love the DRIVING Story. Mom used to squeal and smoke the tires on the way to Billings. We used to joke the fire trucks are following us. Remember?