Saturday, March 6, 2010

I missed the class on parenting....


This week has been a rough one. I have been sick as well as every stinkin person in our house! Seriously it is enough to make me crazy!! I have gone through 2 cans of Lysol and bought a huge 3 pack of Clorox wipes, I have washed all our bedding, walls, bathrooms trying to kill our germs!


While I have had pneumonia I clean alittle then lay down, and every time I get up from laying down the house is a mess. How come my kids don't know already the you don't throw couch pillows everywhere, you don't eat popcorn and leave it down to get all the kernels dumped out, you also don't eat otter pops in the house!!! You don't eat only half you banana and leave the other half on the bing bags. I could go on and on. I feel very frustrated because every time I turn around my house looks like it exploded!!


I don't know what to do, I have tried yelling , making charts, warning them before I go lay down, you name it and it still happens. Do I have the naughtiest kids, or am I the worst mom. Every night I pray for answers and wake up in the morning with kids that haven't' changed :)

7 comments:

Me said...

Oh you make me laugh!!! You aren't the worst mom and you don't have the naughtiest kids, it's just LIFE huh. I can't believe everyone over there has been sick and you having pneumonia! I am so sorry! Hopefully things get better.

Amber said...

I agree with Erika about you are NOT the worst mom nor do you have the naughtiest kids. What a rough week! Being sick you just want to be sick and have doen with it if you have to- but it doesn't seem to work in our favor. Sick stays as long as it wants. :P Your comic is so funny! You've still got some humor in ya- so there's hope! :) Call me if you would like to have your kiddos come play- or perhaps I'll call you. :)

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday!! Sorry I missed you yesterday. Your kids sound just like mine. Maybe that's normal, maybe it's a Stones thing- yeah let's blame it on the Stones. That way it's not our fault!!

Jeff, Wendy, and Austin said...

You are a GREAT mom. Just believe in yourself. I think messes are like rabbits and the creat other messes like mad! I think I read somewhere that dirt helps kids build immunities. Mine oughta be safe for LIFE!

Allie said...

Jill,
There is actually a defect in our house, maybe its in yours too? I bought a bulimic house. I can clean it up, turn around and it has vomited everything I just put away back out onto the floor. We probably have the same builder, maybe that is what is wrong with your house too!? I believe with all my heart and soul that its normal for you to run around like a chicken with its head cut off to keep up with house work…at least that is what I tell myself :)
Sorry everyone was so sick. Are you guys feeling better?

Hayley said...

Jill! I think so many can relate to you. I can relate to you. I have resorted to waiting to clean until Coop goes down at night. When the kiddies are in bed, I clean or at least straighten up, depending on how tired I may be. It does something for my spirit knowing that at least I was able to get things straightened up before I went to bed. And it may look like a tornado hit it during the day, but that is the stage I am in. My sister-in-law was here on Sunday and said, Hayley is finally at that place that her house doesn't have to be perfect even when she knows visitors are coming. LOVE YOU! Let's celebrate your birthday soon. FEEL BETTER! We are praying for you and your cute family. Hang in there missy!

emsmom said...

Jill you can't be the worst mom in the world that is my title and I worked hard to get that one. I am so sorry you have had such a time. I thing a girls night or day is in order after the 2 months we have had. Have a great day. Love ya Lori