Monday, April 6, 2009

Bella's progress?


This week Bella has made huge progress, well sort of. We were able to get her to eat baby food again! Yeah! At first it was just a bite or two and now we are up to half and maybe a bit more of the 1st jars. There is one problem.. after eating this is what she looks like.
Primary Childrens wants her getting fed only through a nose tube or a tube placed in her stomach. After many prayers and fasting(thank you everyone) I decided before making the appt for surgery for the g-tube placement I would talk with Bella's regular dr. She went from 14lbs 4.5 oz the week after she got out of the hospital, to 14lbs.13oz all in a month!
She isn't tipping the scales but I think she is petite like her mommy:) Ha ha!
Her Dr. felt no need for the tubes and to continue breastfeeding since she gets so sick on her special formula. I am so thankful for prayer. I felt confident with what the Dr. said and he also sent us home with 4 infected ears (Bella's and Mitchials whose ruptured) and a strep throat. So within a month all of my kids had infected ears....what is that about?
I am sure someone is playing a joke on us. Anyway we still don't know why Bella can't handle baby food and what is causing pain (besides the ears), but we are having more smiles than we used to. I can't ask for everything to be fixed at once, right? Again thank you for the prayers!!

3 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so happy to hear she's at least doing a little better. I'm glad you believe in the power of prayer. Continue praying and I know you will be guided through your coming choices with Bella. Sorry about the ear infections, and strep. No fun at all!!

Kelly said...

Wow! That's awesome on the weight gain!! Don't worry about her acutal weight- she weighs more than Elizabeth did at that age. Now you've just to work on her being happy:) If baby's happy everyone's happy right?!?! Good luck!! Let me know if you need help with Saturday.

michaelangelo said...

Hi Sister,
Loved the pictures you sent a day or two ago and we're so pleased to hear of improvement for little Bella. Our faith and prayers continue on her behalf.