Friday, January 30, 2009

The haunting of the "8" balloon!!

For the past week I have been followed by this 8 balloon. Seriously. It started the first night after Guy left out of town, I woke up to feed the baby and caught a flicker in the doorway of my room. I went about taking care of Bella when something flickered and moved in my doorway. Ok I knew it wasn't my moms ghost because she wouldn't be so shiny. As I tried to calm myself the heater clicked on and the stupid balloon started to move into my room. Holy crap!! I was sitting up in bed with this thing floating toward me...not good. By the time the balloon came into the light from the night light I was ready to run. I think I hollered out loud, "Not funny balloon". Since then the stinkin thing has followed me from room to room. I turn around in the kitchen....it is there staring at me. Bella loves it but not me. I punch it into the next room. Slowly but surely the thing finds me again. Tonight it scared Samuel as he was going to bed. I am such a mean mom I laughed. I thought about tying it to the end of his bed so when he woke up it was looking at him. Don't worry I won't.


You were probably wondering why we had a huge 8 balloon. Mitchial turned 8 on Saturday and was blessed with the balloon after the great to be 8 program. Next time we won't accept left over decorations! Happy Birthday Mitcharooni!


Happy Sweet 16 Ian!! This is Ian in his cool new jacket (or maybe he is just mad:) I can't tell) Ian and Mitchial celebrate the same birthday 8 years apart. We like it because that means we get 2 cakes to eat! Yeah! Ians picture with his super duper chocolate cake didn't turn out because there was so much smoke!! All you could see was a cloud. Funny! We are so blessed to have Ian and Mitchial in our family. Love you boys!

9 comments:

Alana Lange said...

Love the haunted balloon story! I was laughing so hard just picturing it. That is such a normal 16 year old face, love it.

Alana Lange said...

oh yeah, well....your balloon looks vintage. booyah sista, back at ya! ;)

michaelangelo said...

I remember that face, I think I can still do it when the mood strikes me just right.

I want one of those haunted balloons, I can just imagine Abby with one of those in the house! LOL

Me said...

I think that's the perfect plot for the next horror flick... like "The Shining... Balloon" ha ha! That's pretty funny though. Anyway, so Kathy Wilcox was saying that your baby girl is really sick or something, I hope everything's okay!!!

Kyli said...

Jill! I can't believe Mitchell is 8! That is so fun! You are so funny! Miss and love you!

Sir William Lange the Indomitable said...

There's a perfectly logical explanation. The balloon is angry because it got no cake, so it just settles for the next best thing... HUMAN FLESH!

Widdison said...

Jill, I LOVE your blog. It always puts a smile on my face.

The Newcomers said...

that's soo cute!
i miss them all so much!
im telling mom that we're coming out this summer,
no excuses!

HJ said...

WOW, what is it with you and ghosts, they follow you whether you are at my house or your house. I wish I could be a fly on the wall when haunted balloons are following you, lights are coming on and off...You would be GREAT entertainment.