Monday, January 12, 2009

Super no more!

I will never again brag about being super. I promise. I should know by now that as soon as I say "look at me" I fall on my face. Last week after calling myself super I slipped and fell at the the mailbox. I wasn't even trying to show off or do fancy foot work, I just turned around and boom. It was terrible. It was one of those slow motion falls that hurt not only my hands and knees but my pride. I had to hurry and get up before the garbage man got out of his truck to help. You should have seen his face....it was a look of do I laugh or be concerned. Luckily he just drove off. After I got up I quickly scanned my neighbors houses to make sure I hadn't been seen. So far the only 2 people I know of to see me fall were Timothy and the garbage man .
Ok, no more bragging about cooking either. I don't think I have made a decent dinner since my last post. I am afraid my kids are going to turn the color of macaroni and cheese. Please tell me the noodles are vitamin fortified:)

8 comments:

Alana Lange said...

The noodles are actually just giant sized vitamin C capsules :) Sorry about the fall, I still love ya.

Amber said...

Yep. They most deffinately are. :) Ah, Jill, you weren't bragging! It was good of you to be proud of your day. I'm so sorry about your fall! I winced for you as I read it. That is so brutal. Keep up the good fight! :)

michaelangelo said...

This doesn't mean you get out of cleaning Jason's apartment! :)

Melanie said...

Whew! I feel so much better now...I hated being the only bad mom in the neighborhood!

RLN said...

It's wrestling season, and Mac and Cheese is good carb food for wrestlers.

Send them out here and we'll get them wrestling...

UR

Me said...

I found your blog and had so much fun reading it!! You're so funny and I hope to get to know you better. Anyway, glad to hear your fall by the mailbox didn't break anything, and even more glad that no one else saw, ha ha :) AND i just want to say that I think your tradition of having Santa bring everyone cereal is SOOOOOO COOL!!!! I will have to start that. Cereal is like my favorite thing ever.

Kemp Family said...

We all have those bad days. It's trying to get out of that "bad mode" that is a challenge. Hope that you don't have days like this that often. Though I guess it makes the better days that much more sweeter.

Hayley said...

Where did you find that cartoon? It's a perfect depiction of how I feel after something like that happens to me and boy, does it ever more often than not.