Wednesday, January 21, 2009

If you can't laugh at yourself, who can?

For months I have said that I was going to be thrifty and patch my husbands work jeans. I was embarrassed with his holey pants, so today was the day. I practiced with camouflage patches on Samuels pants and was quite pleased. I didn't make fancy cutout's like my Mom used to, but Samuel didn't care. After "testing" the patch area to make sure it stuck good, I was ready to move on to Guy's jeans. I found the first pair of jeans a bit difficult because of the location of the holes. :) After 2 tries of getting the patches to stick, I quickly moved on to the 2nd pair of pants while the first cooled. The 2nd pair was a piece of cake. One big hole on the knee and a small one on the pocket area. I knew the color of the patch was darker than the jeans, but since being patches I thought they would be ok. After finishing the 2nd pair I stepped back to look at the good work I did. AAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!
Guy came home to find me looking at my patching job, and just smiled. After a few moments of laughing at myself, Guy asked why I didn't just put the patches on the inside of the pants then you wouldn't have to worry about "seeing" the patches. Good question. I think the patches are more embarrassing than the holes, because don't people pay lots of money to have the worn look? Oh, well. Now he has some durable yard pants!!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

You should see the patch job I did on Matt's work jeans. Maybe if Matt and Guy wear them to work their employers will feel sorry for them and give them a raise to be able to afford new jeans!! We can hope right?

CoLa said...

what's the problem? I don't see anything wrong. Reminds me of my brown levis with an up arrow patch on one knee and a down arrow on the other.

Hayley said...

I LOVE IT! That is priceless, my sweet Jill.

michaelangelo said...

Maybe you could help your brother, Cory, with a patch job. I hear he has a problem with people looking at his new hole. (Boy, that doesn't sound good at all!)

HJ said...

You are a CRACK UP!! I've missed reading you blog. Some day maybe I can become as creative as you. Yes lets continue laughing at Jill everybody. I mean laugh at ourselves. :)