Saturday, December 13, 2008

Happy 40th Alana!!



I am lucky enough to have a great sister in law, Alana. She is the one on the right of my dad(sitting) dressed in a black and white dress. So beautiful. Throughout my life she has always been there. She would always welcome me in her home, no matter what time or what she had going on. She was also the one to first cut the "lion mane" of hair I had. She was the first to color my hair which I am forever addicted. I can't count the times she has helped and blessed my life. I am thankful my brother was smart enough to not let her go. I remember when they first got married, our family would play tricks on her just to make sure she was strong enough to be in our family. The first night they stayed at our house we lined empty pop cans on the head board of their bed, at least 20 of them. We then told her stories of mice running around in the night. To make her fears worse we pointed out places we have seen them(in the closet of the room they were staying) . We then placed dryer lint shaped into mice all over. I mean in every nook and cranny. We stayed up late into the night making scurrying noises on the walls. We were so mean. Sorry Alana, but you passed the test. We decided to keep you forever!! Thanks for being my sister I love you Jill

5 comments:

Alana Lange said...

Your glad I stayed? Are you kidding, I'm glad you let me stay!! You are so awesome and the best little sister I never had. If I ever need someone to laugh with I can count on you, especially if we're laughing at Bret! You are the best and I will get you back at you for the mice someday...let's say... a dance off. lol. Thanks for the blog, you're a sweetheart!

michaelangelo said...

Great message, I wish I had been home when the mice-making and placing was going on. I always miss out on the fun! :) And I agree, Alana is the best sister ev.. er, I mean sister-in-law ever! :) Happy Birthday, Alana!

michaelangelo said...

Josh is almost as bad as Barry - are you trying to scare people away from your blog?

Melissa said...

Yay! I am so excited you have a blog! It is cute!!! I am going to add you to our page right now!! By the way, I LOVE the name Isabella, i have always wanted to use that name for a girl as well, but lately for some reason, I have been thinking of other names instead-weird.

Alana Lange said...

Is it too late for a Christmas card for you guys??? I can still do something really fast if you want, just let me know....I am finally caught up!